Sunday 14 February 2010

Promises

Just got back to Bristol; it has been a difficult time for Dave and his family and I went down to be with him and them this weekend to try and offer any support I could. Dave's grandfather passed away yesterday night, and I am praying for an overriding sense of comfort and peace for them all.

In addition to everything else, being with Dave this weekend and being there for him got me thinking in a deeper way about our upcoming marriage, and the promises we will be making to each other.


To have and to hold
from this day forward,
for better, for worse,
for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health,
to love and to cherish,
til death do us part
according to God's holy law


And it got me thinking: I really love him. I want to be there for him through it all. I really love him.

That's all I have to say, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis